Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Please tell me what mainboards you have!

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner Arnoud de Jong's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    138
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    Hi all,
    As fewer new mainboards have an ISA slot, I what to make a list of mainboards that work with the EWS64 on the EWS Stress Control Panel site (www.ews64.com).
    So please email me information about the mainboard you use with the EWS: brand, type, speed and internal memory. I'll publish the list on the Tune-up page.
    Additional urgent question: a friend of mine wants to know if the Asus CUBX-E works with the EWS. Anyone who uses that board?
    Thanks in advance,
    Arnoud.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member philippz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 28th, 2000
    Posts
    109
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Arnoud,

    I use a MSI 6163 pro. That?s an older BX board with two ISA slots and it likes the EWS 64 very much:-))

    I don?t see a reason why your friend?s ASUS board shouldn?t do the job. It?s ASUS, it?s got the BX chipset, so everything should be fine.

    Bye, Philipp

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Beta-Decay's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,417
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thumbs up

    I have been using an old Amptron board.
    It works great, I think, I don't know because I cnat run at more than 266mHz.

    I have in my posession an Asus P3C-E, but I'm still waiting for the video card so I can see what the hell is going on.
    However the EWS bumps into the jumpers on the board, but if you bend them just a little....

  4. #4
    Inactive Member hati's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2000
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Hi Arnoud!
    I'm using Asus K7M vio/850 mzh Athlon, and it
    works as well with EWS64Xl.


  5. #5
    Inactive Member Helmut's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 2001
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ABIT KT7A-RAID, Duron 800 (later: Athlon 1.2GHz)
    works great with EWS64

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner Arnoud de Jong's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    138
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hati,
    Thanks for the information (and all other guys here as well of course). But is that 'vio' your talking about a typo and do your actually mean Via chipset? Else: what is it? wink

  7. #7
    Inactive Member hati's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2000
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Hi Arnoud!
    "vio" it means without audio on board.
    "Sorry abuot it" Our sellers in Finland uses this terms,i don't know what to other country uses.
    RGS
    Hati

  8. #8
    Inactive Member eelco's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2001
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    I think the Asus CUV4X does NOT work properly with the EWS64

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner Arnoud de Jong's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    138
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Eelco: why do you think that? Could you please give some more information?
    Arnoud

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Antikal's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm about to install it on an Asus P2L-B (AT) motherboard. I'll soon have my new Mobo though, an Abit K7T. I'll keep you posted on my experiences with both.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •